The following proposed amendments are open for public comment:
- Proposed Amendment re: annual civility pledge. This amendment would require a one-time declaration and complete an annual pledge for attorneys to conduct themselves with civility.
- Rules of Professional conduct addressing incivility. These changes would clarify that a lawyer may be disciplined for incivility and provide a new basis in the rules for discipline.
- MCLE Changes: The changes would increase the MCLE competency requirement, add requirements on technology in law practice and civility, and allow credit for certain activities. The proposed changes would not increase the total hours required under MCLE rules.
- Amendments to the Rules of the State Bar Pertaining to Testing Accommodations for first year exams and/or the bar exam to accommodate those with disabilities.
- Amendment to Title 4 pertaining to moral character. This amendment is to clarify and codify any ambiguity or confusion between the B&P code and Rule 4.40.
- Proposed revisions to Law Office Study Program. This program allows for the taking of the bar exam without attending from law school providing the attendance is performed by working four years in a law office or Judge's chambers
- Rule revisions regarding the practical training of law students. This would clarify certain eligibility of participants allowing for LLM students and student participants of the Law Office Study Program.
- Proposed amendment concerning the rules relating to grant administration